The Public Library for Union County is a great place to work, and we occasionally have opportunities for part-time employment. We also have a continuing need for volunteers. There are currently no employment opportunities available.
To view employment opportunities with the Union County Library System, click here.
Public Library for Union County
Job Title: Development Coordinator – FT
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Submit resume and 3 professional references to PLUC, 255 Reitz Boulevard, Lewisburg, PA 17837 – EOE
Responsible for implementing a diversified funding program to support library services. Duties include nurturing donor relations, managing and scheduling direct appeals, planning special fundraising events and raising awareness of planned giving opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following list is representative of the typical duties and responsibilities performed. The employee’s actual duties and responsibilities may vary slightly depending on department needs and individual assignments.
- Act a lead staff in scheduling and implementing direct mail campaigns, special event planning, securing corporate sponsorships, managing special projects, and developing effective and targeted solicitations with involvement by and support from staff and Board members
- Coordinate with attorneys, trust officers and other appropriate gatekeepers to enhance bequests and other planned gifts
- Nurture relationships with potential donors and past donors through personal contact
- Solicit planned and annual gifts from private donors in coordination with library staff, board and other volunteers
- Prepare a year-round calendar for fundraising activities
- Communicate with donors about charitable giving laws and regulations that may impact and enhance a donor’s ability to support library programs
- Establish good working relationships with community foundation leaders and staff and financial institutions to identify grant and funding opportunities
- Develop, implement and monitor the development expense budget and set annual fundraising goals in accordance with budgetary needs
- Assist with the development of the annual fund development plan
- Document and acknowledge all gifts in a timely manner in compliance with all federal and state regulations and reporting requirements
- Coordinate newsletter, special event and annual giving mailings
- Maintain donor records in fundraising database
- Generate reports and mailing lists for fundraising purposes
- Participate in community and professional activities directly related to fundraising responsibilities
- Attend monthly staff meetings
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business, communications or related area. Three years of successful experience in the field of fundraising and development, preferably in a non-profit agency or the equivalent. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Working knowledge of planned giving strategies. Knowledge of print and online fundraising resources. Successful experience with fundraising events, programs and techniques. Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to exercise confidentiality, good judgment, diplomacy and tact in working with others. Ability to establish personal relationships that nurture donors. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of local community leadership.
Act 34 and Act 151 clearances
A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear at a conversational level, use hands to handle objects, stand or sit for long periods of time, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and traverse stairs. Occasionally, the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Generally, duties are performed in a climate-controlled environment, but the employee is exposed to outside weather and uncomfortable fluctuations in temperature within the building.